Monday, April 25, 2016

2016 Topps Legacies Kershaw

The following is the first live Kershaw card that I've seen of the Legacies Lasting Imprints /25, and I jumped quickly at the opportunity to acquire one for my collection.  There was a redemption listed for auction on ebay as well, but I wasn't interested in getting in a bidding war with the two Kershaw buyers that have unlimited amounts of money to throw away on cardboard.  These two individuals have no problem overpaying, and outbidding me on literally every nice Kershaw card, but I've learned to outmaneuver them on ebay (most of the time anyway).  Just as I suspected, these two were in competition for the redemption, and the winner of the auction totally overpaid.  What they didn't realize, is that there was a live version of this card with BIN or best offer, and to my surprise the seller accepted my offer within a day of it being listed.  If I do decide to grade this, it would most likely get a 9.5.  It looks flawless to me, but then again you just never know...Enjoy, and have a wonderful week!
    CLAYTON-KERSHAW-2016-Topps-Legacies-Lasting-Imprints-On-Card-Autograph-Auto-25

10 comments:

  1. Nice! BIN/Best Offers are a great strategy. Sometimes the sellers won't budge, but I've had plenty where I got the card for lower than I accepted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! It's usually a 50/50 shot, although it seems like more often than not the sellers are reasonable. I'm going after a Kershaw booklet right now, but the seller won't budge from his super high price. It can get a bit frustrating, so that's when patience becomes key.

      Delete
  2. Nice pickup. I am staying way from this brand as I have too many other wants but you can never go wrong on an on card auto of Kershaw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I hear you on that. There is so much to choose from, so it's always good to be selective. By the way, do you have a bobble head collection?

      Delete
    2. I did at one time but lost interest so I sold those along with my signed balls to start up the card collection. You?

      Delete
    3. Unfortunately I still do :-( They take up way too much room, but I can't give it up. I even collect some of the Quakes bobbleheads. I'm trying to limit it this year to only the players I like. My plan is to eventually turn a room into a mini Dodger/LA museum. I've always been into collecting memorabilia etc., so I think it would be a fun way for me to display everything.































































































































































      .

      Delete
    4. Another reason why i only just collect the four players that I do now. Too many bobbles meant too many players to get autos. I get more "enjoyment" when I pick up a ltd numbered card of the 4. Good luck on your project for the room. I would love one of those but my funds are not unlimited. Ha

      Delete
  3. Awesome card, need to get one myself but too many Kershaw collectors these days that drive the price up :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait until at least four auctions of a certain card end, and when the next one is listed you will have a great shot at it. There are two Kershaw super collectors that have unlimited money at their disposal. Then you have me and DodgerPenguin. After that you should be good to go!

      Delete
    2. I just looked at your Kershaw collection and OMG, it's amazing! I think YOU are the one driving the prices up on me!!!! LOL

      Delete