Wednesday, March 23, 2016

138 and Counting...

When I first started collecting Kershaw autos, I never expected to have anywhere near 100, but I did a quick count last night and realized I'm pushing the 140's now.  I have three more Kershaw auto redemptions from Topps that are set to arrive on Friday, and trust me when I say, they are BIG ones!  There is one in particular that I'm hoping to get graded, and I'm usually not into slabbing cards unless they're rookie or draft cards.   In the mean time, I thought I would post a few of my favorites.  Ebay is a crazy place sometimes, and although both of these Gypsy Queen cards are similar and numbered /25, I got this first one for $75 through a PP direct deal, while I ended up paying A LOT for the second card.  I'm almost embarrassed to say, but I believe it was somewhere in the 180's?  I remember being so intent on winning the auction that I placed a high bid of 220.  That's how badly I want the card in my collection.  I just love the look of the tan card set off by the black boarder, and the fact that the card was so scarce made it a must buy for me.  Well that's it for today.  Enjoy!   photo gypsy_zpsbb9f2c27.jpg photo unnamed209_zpsouusldde.jpg

7 comments:

  1. That's a lot of ink - congrats on the milestone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tony. It might be a bad thing though, because it just shows how much money I've thrown away on cardboard these last few years! lol

      Delete
  2. My God... again. You have almost 100 more than me. Congrats once again. I also have that second one and it is a beauty in its BGS 9.5 case. I traded for that so that makes me fell better considering what you paid for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say you were lucky to get it in a trade, because they sell for so much now. I think you doubled your value with the 9.5 so congrats.

      Delete
  3. Awesome kershaws, love the GQ one, need one for my Kershaw collection as well !

    ReplyDelete