Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Topps Industry Summit-Cards of the Day

One of the fun aspects of collecting is finding rare cards with low print runs, and the Topps Industry Summit cards are no exception.   Even though they aren't on-card autos, the cards themselves are exciting to track down and usually feature photos not used in any other Topps release.  As you guys know, Topps likes to recycle the same photos for different products, which in my opinion is pretty lame.  So anyway, one of my personal "Chase cards" was the Clayton Kershaw Industry Summit from 2014.  I was able to work a pretty decent PP direct deal with an ebay seller that is infamous for schilling and overvaluing his cards.  I couldn't believe how easily we came to an agreement on price, because this was the first and only time he had been reasonable.

Last week I was able to pick up the 2016 Summit cards of Corey Seager and Kershaw from the same ebay seller.  He gave me a really good deal on both, but they definitely were not cheap.  Thanks for reading and here are the cards:
 photo unnamed988_zps5b1fbbe0.jpg photo 30aae57e-6507-43a6-9b8c-0be397bda160_zps6naqugbg.jpeg photo 13d4f1d5-c68e-4cb4-8e76-1b7f96d6d313_zpsvvyy4ist.jpeg

5 comments:

  1. Any and everyone that knows me knows that I HATE sticker autos but these are nice cards and a Kershaw sticker auto is better than most players sticker or not. Congrats. I have an idea which seller that is as there are about 5 so I assume its one of them. Congrats again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely correct! I'm sure we run into the same sellers all the time. The blatant schilling is really annoying, but every once in a while a PP direct deal can be made. I just know not to bid on auctions.

      Delete
    2. Big Boy
      Probstein
      Etc... you know the usual suspects
      = )

      Delete
  2. Those are beautiful cards - clearly you're negotiation skills are top notch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks Tony. I try my best, and sometimes it works out

      Delete