Thursday, March 3, 2016

Sometimes Patience is a Virtue...

I have lost out on numerous cards over the last few years, mostly because I was too tentative and figured the card would pop up again for less money.  Unfortunately that's not always the case, but this time it actually worked out for me.  I had wanted the Topps Supreme Kershaw/Puig dual auto /25 ever since I first saw it on ebay.  The card had a super clean look that really caught my eye.  The Puig auto on all 25 copies is a sticker, but certain copies of the card had an on-card auto from Kershaw.  I had never seen a single copy of this card up for auction on ebay, and the ones that were listed as "Buy it Now," all had ludicrous price tags. 

About three months ago I finally saw a redemption for this card listed at auction.  I had a strong feeling that some people would stay away from this, because of the never ending nightmare that is Topps Redemptions.  Knowing that the card was now live, I figured I had to pull the trigger this time.  Sure enough, I won the auction, redeemed my redemption, and waited about a month and a half before Topps finally got around to sending me the card (Typical Topps).  Lucky for me, I got an on card auto of Kershaw.  Thanks for stopping by.  Here it is:


 photo 5c33cc0c-5dfc-4f01-bdb0-d668ea92f105_zpsqx0e8nbt.jpeg

6 comments:

  1. That is a nice looking card. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats
    Im still waiting on 3 Kershaw autos and since they are all on card I assume it will be awhile. Need to reach my goal of 100 Kershaw autos...Im at 40 now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You are going to reach your goal in no time. Be glad that you only have 3 pending. I have 8 redemptions, and my 2013 Tribute dual of Kershaw/Weaver is being replaced with a blue refractor Bowman Chrome rookie card of Manny Machado. It's a decent swap, but it's such a bummer. I don't care about the value, I just want Kersh cards lol

      Delete
  3. Just saw your Seager variation on ebay. Already 43 and 6 days left. Thought and still believe it clears 100+. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just checked, and it's at 60 now! As much as I wanted to have two of these, it would be dumb of me not to sell one right now. I was worried, because this is my first auction, but so far so good.

      Delete