Friday, March 25, 2016

Topps Redemption Day

My frustration with Topps has been at an all time high these past few months.  One of these redemptions has been live for a long time now, and the other two should have been shipped to me months ago.  I guess it's only fitting that these were delivered on Good Friday:
I'm a little bummed out about this one, because I've seen some very nice Strata Patches on ebay.  I hate being a "Debbie Downer," but I have to keep it real.  This redemption was very pricey, and unfortunately I got stuck with a dud.  I guess I should be happy I even have one, but after waiting so long to get this, it was a letdown when I saw a tiny portion of the red number while all of the other ones I've seen have giant portions of the Dodger logo. In any event, I'm still happy I have this in my collection as it's my first strata patch auto.  photo 75b5dd54-d578-45f3-be06-da2e65fe0112_zpsgyu7i1z8.jpeg The Stadium Club gold Kershaw auto /25 is one of my favorites, because it shows him celebrating his nearly perfect game against the Rockies(Hanley who?). When this product was first released I picked up a redemption for the black parallel /50, but for some reason Topps only produced the gold card, so of course I went right back on ebay after seeing he had signed the gold parallels, and I bought the redemption knowing that the card was now live. I got a really good price on it thankfully. I was really looking forward to getting this graded, but after looking at it closely, there's no way this would get a 9.5. Even though it won't be getting slabbed, it's still such a cool card of an even cooler moment. I love it, and the grainy pic from my phone doesn't do it justice.. photo 8f819ebc-e00e-4fd9-841a-759cb1ae47ce_zpsyz24hp4y.jpeg This last one is another nice card that has been live for a while. It could possibly get a 9.5, but I'm undecided at this point if I want to get it graded. I don't have many Urias autos, so I'm extremely happy to add this to the Dodger PC!  photo 8f93f272-5499-4e67-85c9-d96aac4351f4_zpsmohzigdg.jpeg HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE!

6 comments:

  1. Very very nice. Im also waiting for my copy of stadium club so if u have yours maybe mine is coming soon. Also have a strata but its from the strata brand not the insert. As im sure u say i also had that urias but wasnt happy with grade. Ended up selling it for 125. Good luck on grades if u go that route.

    Fyi, there is a guy selling his rainbow of seager on ebay. Just went up. He has a yello. Only 2nd one ive seen other than mine. Its a bgs 9 and he is asking 500 or BO. Kind of curious what he sells it for which would give me a market price for mine which i am still not selling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Upon closer inspection, the Urias would get a 9, because of a dinged bottom right corner. I didn;t even notice it until I took it out of the top loader. My last 5 redemptions have been ruined by Topps. They just shove the card in the penny sleeve, without taking proper care to ensure the corners don't get dinged. Maybe this is a sign from the baseball card gods that I'm not supposed to get cards graded. lol

      Delete
    2. Oh, and as much as I want to Seager rainbow, I just couldn't justify spending that type of money for a BGS 9! If you ever do decide to sell, you will make a killing on your investment. I'm definitely keeping my eye on the ebay listing!

      Delete
  2. ????...
    He didnt sign black stadium? That is the one im waiting for. Need to call topps maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ????...
    He didnt sign black stadium? That is the one im waiting for. Need to call topps maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, and it's weird, because Topps had him sign the gold parallel about a month after Stadium Clubs release, but for some reason they STILL haven't produced the black parallel for him to sign. This is the type of thing Topps does that really gets frustrating.

      Delete