Monday, March 7, 2016

My First Red Ink...

For some reason red ink autos get people all excited, and yes, I will readily admit I'm one of those people.  It is very rare that a Kershaw red ink pops up at auction, so when I saw this card, I knew I had to at least try to win it.  I could be wrong, but I believe this was contained in a rip card, because if you take a close look you will see a long razor blade-like indentation running along the right side of the card.  It's not really noticeable unless you're looking for it, and it doesn't bother me one bit.  This was graded by PSA, with a very low grade.  Not a big deal, because I won't be re-selling.  Here it is:
 photo 6f31664c-5c06-4b2e-ad19-a8e906d76d72_zpsn3aufgk7.jpeg

10 comments:

  1. Red ink always makes me think of getting back my middle school essays... maybe that's why I'm not as high on them as others. Either way, still makes for a pretty sharp card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha well when you put it that way...

    I just checked out your blog. Cubbies have always been my second favorite team, because both sides of my family are from the Chicago area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Likewise, I've always had a healthy respect for the Dodgers. Not because any of my family hails from there, but because during their days in Brooklyn, they were the lovable (?) losers of the time; a Cubs fan can relate.

      Delete
  3. I have a few red ink autos. My most recent addition was a Starling Marte last year.

    Great looking Kershaw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm trying to have a nice assortment of Kershaw's, and a red ink is a must...who is your main PC guy on the Pirates?

      Delete
    2. For the longest time it was McCutchen, but the prices have went through the roof and he rarely signs anymore. Now I'm more of a team collector with a lot of focus on Gerrit Cole, Jason Bay, Starling Marte and Gregory Polanco.

      Delete
  4. Thats a great looking card. I finally landed a Heritage red but still looking for a A/G one. Congrats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I will definitely let you know if I come across any A/G reds.

      Delete
  5. First one of these I've seen! I'd be way more into Autograph cards if they came in red more often.

    ReplyDelete