Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Kershaw Card of the Day-The One that Started it All

I'm a huge Dodger fan (Hardcore since age 4!), and I got back into collecting around 2013.  That's when I decided to collect the best pitcher on the planet, CK! photo IMG_20140516_180721_zps16b52d55.jpgThe Bowman Chrome '06 auto is the first Kershaw card I acquired, and believe it or not, I got this for $72.  Amazing what a few years can do as far as the value of a card.  The thing is, I don't collect cards to make money.  In fact I have never sold a baseball card in my life.  I only purchase cards I like, and I've also never made a trade.  As cliche as it may sound, every Kershaw card means something to me and none more so than this one.  Since this is my first post, I have to give a shout out to Dodger Penguin whose blog inspired me to start one of my own.  I love how he doesn't just show off his cards.  He has a story for each card he acquires, and it's comforting to see other Dodger collectors that have similar views on collecting.  In my opinion collecting cards should be about love, not money.  I have a motto when it comes to collecting:  "REMEMBER KIDS, A CARD IS ONLY WORTH WHAT SOMEONE IS WILLING TO PAY."  What that said, collecting Kershaw has become a very pricey endeavor for me.  Long gone are the days of $20 autos.  I always expect to pay around $100 now, but I just can't stop collecting him.  CK rules and is an amazing human being.  I was lucky enough to meet him a few years ago at the LA Car Convention, and he is the nicest baseball player I have ever met-totally humble and approachable.  

I wonder if anyone out there will actually read my blog???  I've never done one of these before, so this is all new to me.  I would love to get feedback, so please drop me a line! 



24 comments:

  1. First and foremost, welcome to the blogging community. Glad to see another addition to this fun place. I actually inspired someone? Woo Hoo. = )
    Glad you like my stories (drawn out or not). and I look forward to reading about your adventures. A tip for you on CK autos, if looking for a deal always look for non current year (non numbered) autos as they can usually be had on a deal. For example I picked up a Supreme on card auto for 43 last week. A steal!!!
    Ive put you on my blog roll and again, welcome to the community. Have FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The drawn out ones are the best! haha I'll try to give some details on my cards too. I think the backstory makes it more fun...and 43 for the Supreme is REALLY good. I think I paid 60 something for mine!

      Delete
  2. Welcome to blogging. I look forward to reading more of your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ernest! Happy to be a part of the community

      Delete
  3. welcome! i dont blog as much as i should but you can check my past stuff at dodgerdaddy.blogspot.com. Great looking card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm totally gonna check out your page. Go Dodgers!

      Delete
  4. The Penguin guided me here, and it's always welcome to see new blood in the blogosphere. Have fun, don't try and be the best (cuz what you write will be perfect), find your niche and have fun (yes, I said that twice).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's awesome for giving my new blog a plug like that! Thanks for stopping by. I'll be posting as much as possible.

      Delete
  5. I too followed the Penguin - welcome to the blogosphere! Looking forward to seeing some of these awesome Kershaws you must have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tony! You can expect to see many more Kershaw posts in the upcoming weeks...

      Delete
  6. Nice to meet you! Stop on by sometime.

    Good luck with the blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I just checked out your page and I just have to say, I am STILL waiting on another Yanks v. Doyers World Series. How amazing would that be? So much history between the two franchises.

      Delete
  7. Always follow the Penguin. Welcome to the blogosphere (or whatever it is that we call this place now).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Penguin is the man. Thanks so much for checking out my page

      Delete
  8. My thanks, too, from the Penguin for leading me here. Welcome to the blog world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Penguin is the man! Thanks for checking out the page Tony

      Delete
  9. Another one following the Penguin here. Welcome and best wishes for your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for checking out the page! I'm already hooked on blogging.

      Delete
  10. Welcome--I'm mostly a hockey guy but huge Jays fan--(I'm Canadian what else) http://hockeykazi.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Al. Go Kings go! lol Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  11. Welcome to the Blogiverse. Saw Dodger Penguin's post introducing you. Sheesh another Dodger's Fan.. Kidding. Me I'm a bit rarer than that a DC Sports fan. I was ecstatic when the Expos (a team I sort of liked in the early 70s as a kid) made the move to DC to become the current Nationals and my Homie team (with the B'More O's being my second Homie team since I live in MD). 'Bout time 33 years of no baseball makes a town crazy. Hard to believe it has been 10 years now for Montreal. Anyway my regular blog is http://captkirk42.blogspot.com and my Nationals Specific blog is http://curlywcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I definitely need to check out your blog. Are you a Machado and Harper fan? I see Harper jumping ship to the Yanks the minute he becomes a free agent. I can't say I'm a big fan of his, but he's an amazing player and I have to respect that. I'm a big Machado fan though!

      Delete